Water of Life!
Drinking water is good and in Sumner it is also fun.
I read a book several years ago, a very interesting book about why it is important to drink water and how we can solve many physical ailments by drinking only water.
In this book I found two pieces of information that most impressed me:
– the first is that when you feel thirsty, your body is already in dehydration and therefore to be well hydrated you need to drink a glass of water every two hours;
– the second is that a headache is often the first sign of dehydration; therefore one must drink even when one is not thirsty. As proof of this statement, I personally tried to drink a lot more and my headaches decreased quickly.
If it is true that we are made up of at least 90% of water, then water is our main “food”:
drinking water is healthy because through water we eliminate many toxins;
drinking in Sumner, when we sweat more is even more important because we eliminate many mineral salts.
Here are the benefits of drinking at least two liters of natural water per day:
– improves kidney function and digestion
– cleanses the body
– gives more vitality and energy
– helps to have healthier hair and skin
– helps concentration
– reduces migraine
– fights constipation
In summer, however, the desire to drink only water sometimes disappears and instead of resorting to carbonated, alcoholic or sugary drinks I recommend drinking water flavored with herbs, fruits and vegetables.
But how do you prepare them?
Let’s look at it together with these three easy and thirst-quenching recipes.
In a carafe or jar we put a liter of water and the listed ingredients and let it rest in the fridge for at least 6 hours. Drink our special water chilled or at room temperature!
Refreshing recipe: 10 slices of cucumber, 10 mint leaves and 1 sliced lemon unwaxed.
Relaxing recipe: 1 sliced peach, 20 blueberries, 5 basil leaves
Digestion recipe: 10 chopped strawberries, 1 cm of sliced ginger, a few drops of balsamic vinegar or apples
I wish you a good, well-hydrated Summer and healthy safe tanning!